FSSF-UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Poncho debate

2 posters

Go down

The Poncho debate Empty The Poncho debate

Post  SaddleTramp Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Here's one for yez... The PONCHO... We had this discussion before on pozzinet, but I'll cut and paste the rellevant parts (coz I'm the author of them) ...

Page 183, "Snow Plough and the Jupiter Deception" I am posiitve it's a poncho...

Photos section between pages 127 and 129, "The Devil's Brigade", the guy extreeme left of the crowd of German prisoners (and Finn Roll wearing a raincoat)....

Both taken on La Difensa, Dec. 3rd/4th 1943...Also the descriptions and historical documents mentioned in supercommandos...But that only relates to the FSSF, who probably got a load from the Marines when they swapped the RS explosives...Which weren't in the MTO.... Or the ETO (?)...

I reckon when the FSSF traded the Johnsons for the RS explosive, maybe they had some ponchos thrown in (?)...

Perhaps, seeing as the Force seemingly got the choice of experimental gear, they could pick and choose (like they took the mopuintain pants...Left out the woolen ski pants, and mountain jacket, chose the M43, but not the trousers etc, oh and the bazooka ....

Also, I've got a "green" poncho stamped "USMC 1940"

My speculation, is as we have discussed, and from further corroborated research, when the Force swapped the Johnny guns for the RS, they must have also got a batch of ponchos and the helmet bands/nets, ye know, Paul Adams:
"wot else ye got"?...

"We got them bunch of ponchos stacked up over there, their surplus now... And ye can have some of these*"

*Helmet nets with neoprene bands... :

Last edited by SaddleTramp on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

SaddleTramp
Admin

https://fssf-uk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Poncho debate Empty Re: The Poncho debate

Post  SaddleTramp Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Photos from the La Defensa battle:
The Poncho debate Wounded2

The Poncho debate Poncho

SaddleTramp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  John Dallimore Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Paul-A poncho would have been a welcome piece of equipment on that night on LaDifensa when we went!

John
John Dallimore
John Dallimore

Back to top Go down

Post  SaddleTramp Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:56 pm

John Dallimore wrote:Paul-A poncho would have been a welcome piece of equipment on that night on LaDifensa when we went!

John

Bloody right!!!

SaddleTramp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum